- Spiritual Growth & Development
The most important qualification a volunteer must have is a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ. The following are things that every team member should make a regular part of their life and faith.
Philippians 3:8 NIV
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ….
- personal devotions – as we are teaching children the Bible, it is important that we have a real understanding of what we are teaching.
- prayer life – it is through prayer that we can see God truly move in our own lives, the lives of the children we serve and our church body.
- church attendance & worship service – TCC is committed to your personal development. Therefore, as long as you serve in ministry, you must commit to attend a weekend worship at least once a month, more often if possible.
- tithing – it is an important discipline to tithe and to be generous with all God has given us. We ask you to be faithful in tithing.
- church membership – being an active member of Tacoma Christian Center is a requirement to serve in Children’s Ministry.
- Personal Living
Your love for God should show up in the way you live and in the way you treat others.
Ephesians 4:32-5:2 NIV
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Be imitators of God, therefore as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Strive to make choices that honor God. Live a life that demonstrates the change that God has made in you. (Mt. 5:16) Make sure that your life is free of sinful habits and do all that you can to live your faith “out loud”. Kids are looking up to you.
I Corinthians 11:1 NIV
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
- Speak Words of Life
Choose to speak life giving words that build up those you serve with, and those around you. Speak positive of change and of leadership. Your words carry weight!
I Thessalonians 5:11 NIV
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
- Share the Good News
We are growing a flourishing, Spirit-filled church, reaching families in our community with the gospel, making a difference in people’s lives. Let’s invite others to experience God in a very real, life-changing way!
Matthew 28:18 – 20 NIV
Then Jesus came to them and said “All authority in heaven and on earth as been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Be Faithful to your commitment
We can’t do this alone! We are counting on you to do your part. It takes a committed team of people just like you to make a difference in the lives of those in our community.
Galatians 6:9 NIV
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
- Come Ready to Go
We are asking that you arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of service. Please wear your TCC Kids t-shirt and name tag. Be prepared for your area of service (example: game leader have supplies ready or know what supplies to gather and the game planned out). Come with a smile and enthusiasm, bring your “A” game, families can feel it. Participate in the service, being an example for kids to follow.
2Tim 4:2 NIV
…be prepared in season and out of season.,..